Welcome to Douglas County Environmental Services
Make a difference! 5 simple things you can do to reduce water pollution!
The Department of Environmental Services is located at:
3015 Menke Circle
Omaha, NE 68134
Phone: 402-444-6181 Map
Public Information Policy
We provide services in the following areas:
- Landfills – include responsibility for both active and closed landfills in Douglas County.. more information
- Landscape Maintenance - This service along with snow removal is provided for a number of facilities.. more information
- Noxious and Nuisance Weeds - This is provided consistent with the Nebraska Noxious Weed Act and Douglas County Weed Abatement Law.. more information
- Permits and Inspections - This division issues building permits for various projects and performs all inspections to assure appropriate building codes and zoning regulations are in compliance.. more information
- Planning and Zoning - This division provides planning and zoning administration and assistance to the Douglas County planning and zoning jurisdiction.. more information
- Stormwater Permit Administration - is working in compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge
Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Stormwater Permit.. more information
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.